Today’s theme was ‘games’ so initially I was going down the Olympics route… but then decided to do a flashback to a board game that I designed as part of my Open University degree:
Today’s theme was bird, and because my favourite bird is a kakapo, I made a cartoony twirly-whirly kakapo pattern (albeit he has the wrong number of toes…):
The theme for day 18 was crown so I played around with patterns in Inkscape again and made this, inspired by paper party hats:
Today’s theme was Autumn and I’d had an idea a while back to do something involving autumn leaves or seeds. It seems autumn is late in coming this year because I really struggled to find any decent amounts of turning leaves or ripe seeds. I found one solitary tiny conker!
In the end I found a nice photogenic acorn at my mother’s house and decided to create some quick and simple doodle art around it:
Day 17 of #30doc with a theme of #autumn. After scouring the locality for #acorns to no avail, I found this beauty in my mother's garden. The phrase #greatoaksfromlittleacornsgrow kept popping into my head, so I decided to #doodle around it to show the potential of the #seed. I used to love doing this kind of doodle at school but I'm seriously out of practice these days!
I’m disappointed with myself on this one. Seems it’s harder to draw a fairy cake on a computer than you might think. Perhaps cupcakes are easier?
‘Textile’ was a tough theme. I have a much smaller fabric stash than I used to, and hadn’t really planned this one enough to make something. So, instead, I arranged some fabric that I had set aside for a future project, and created a pattern out of it. Someone said it reminded them of stripy liquorice allsorts!
Today’s theme was rain, and happily it was raining! As I already have rain-themed jewellery in my Etsy shop I thought it might be interesting to use the rain to help to create something.
I tried out my new Sharpies first, but even with a good soaking they weren’t budging (kudos to Sharpies for being indestructible):
So I went down the ink route and finally managed to get some mini chromatography going on:
I’m pretty pleased with the result – simple but effective.