Or so I’ve been told!
My lucky colleagues received more sweet treats from my busy kitchen last week – this time it was Mars Bar Rice Crispy Cakes.
These are no ordinary crispy cakes, as the caramel and nougat from the Mars Bars adds a certain sweet gooey chewiness. I thought I’d share the super-easy recipe with you all so you can have a go at making your own.
5 Mars Bars (or equivalent non-branded version)
120g rice crispies
200g milk chocolate
50-75g butter (I usually measure this by eye rather than weight but roughly 50-75g should do it)
- Melt four of the Mars Bars with the butter – this can be done in the microwave in short bursts but be careful not to scorch the chocolate
- Mix the melted chocolate and butter mixture into the rice crispies, ensuring that all the crispies are evenly coated
- Spoon the mixture into cake cases
- Melt the milk chocolate – again, this can be done in the microwave if you’re careful (and feeling lazy) or there’s the good old-fashioned bowl-over-a-pan-of-boiling-water method
- Spoon melted chocolate onto the top of each ‘cake’ and top with a small chunk of the remaining Mars Bar.